In Australia, it has become a common thing for people encountering pests inside their residences. Pests penetrate inside our houses through openings and we don’t always get an indication when they enter our homes. Pests entrance inside the house can frighten some people. It depends on the pest and its size. Some pests are disgusting and some are poisonous however, they all are a sign of trouble. These pests affect the environment too. And we should know what steps to take after encountering any of them. The most important step we can take is by calling a professional pest control service provider in critical circumstances. Learn here some easy steps that you can take.
Here Are The Things To Consider When Encountering A Pest In The Home
- Seal all the entry points: If you want to get rid of pests from your house. Then make sure to seal all the entry points from where the pest invades. Not even a single or small gap should be there. Even electrical lines and the pipeline system are great ways for pests to invade. Hence make sure there are no gaps left.
- Plant repellents: Various plant species act as a barrier for pests and keep them away. For example, a rosemary plant helps to keep mosquitoes away from your house. Even onions help to keep the spiders away.
- Repair all the broken screens- Broken windows and nets will not prevent pests. Therefore it becomes necessary to repair those areas as soon as possible. Or else you can face pest invasion despite placing nets.
- Diatomaceous earth: This is among the least expensive and most efficient methods for getting rid of pests including cockroaches, fleas, bedbugs, ticks, and other pests. These may be bought everywhere, however, if you want to have something delivered right to your house, you can get it online. In addition to being inexpensive, it is simple to operate. It merely has to be sprinkled over your flooring, shelves, and compartments. Using a cloth or a broom, you can evenly distribute it. Rinse it with a fresh batch after letting it sit for two to three days. To reduce the number of bugs within your home, do this frequently.
- Sprays: Since they inflict pain in their eyes, aromatic compounds like mint, geranium, lavender, citronella, and others are the number one enemy of pests. They frolic as a result of the irritation they create. Make your pest spray or pesticide by combining lemon, mint, garlic, or any other strongly-scented ingredient with soapy water to get rid of them. Sprinkle this on pest-infested areas to keep pests away and disrupt their life cycle, reproduction, and metabolic activities.
- Vinegar: It is another effective DIY method to eliminate pests from your house. Vinegar helps to eliminate many pests like fruit flies, ants, etc.
- Coffee beans: These coffee grinds can be used for purposes other than making coffee. If you believe that pests are entering your home through certain areas of the outside, try putting your unused coffee grounds in those areas. Many animals will avoid the area since they can’t bear the scent of the grounds.
Read More:- DIY Pest Control Challenges.