Everybody loves the look of tiles on the floor. Right? People are opting for tiles as a much better and convenient option of flooring rather than using carpets. People feel that cleaning tiles are easier than cleaning carpets. Although yes, taking good care of tiles is indeed much easier and simpler than carpeting but because of the daily wear and tear, there eventually comes a time when tiles shine starts wearing off and they start getting those ugly yellow stains. But do not worry there are a bunch of home remedies that can save you a lot of time and energy.
Home Remedies To Clean Tiles And Grout
- The Baking Soda Remedy
Baking soda is a universal cleaning agent. Baking soda is used in many high-quality tile and grout cleaning methods and no doubt that it is the best in its job.
- Mix ¼ of vinegar, ¼ of baking soda with 1 spoon full of any liquid soap in 2 cups of warm water.
- You can also add a little bit of essential oil to get rid of the smell.
- Now apply this mixture to those stubborn yellow stains.
- After a while, scrub the area using warm water.
- The Salt Remedy
Salt can prove to be a great scrubber. Also, an extraordinary property of salt is that salt can kill mold and mildew.
- Wet the stained area of your tile using normal water.
- Pour a good amount of salt on it and do not forget about the grout of the tile. Leave the salt on the tiles overnight.
- Clean it the next morning using normal water.
- The Lemon Juice Remedy
Lemon can not only be used as a beauty regimen to lighten your skin it can also be used to lighten those stains on your tiles and also get rid of the mold because of its acidic nature.
- Squeeze a lemon for the juice or cut a lemon into half.
- Either sprinkle some lemon juice on the tiles or scrub half of the lemon on the tiles.
- Leave the lemon juice on tiles overnight for best results.
- Using water, wipe the area.
- The Alcohol Remedy
Alcohol is also a good source to remove bacteria. Many times you must have seen people using alcohol on cuts or wounds as a replacement of antibacterials because it kills bacteria.
- Mix vinegar, alcohol, and warm water in equal amounts.
- Add a tablespoon of liquid soap and a few drops of any essential oil.
- Add the mixture to a spray bottle.
- Wipe it down with normal water on your tiles and grout.
- The Orange Remedy
Oranges are also a good source of acid to get rid of stains and mold and mildew on your tile flooring.
- In a little amount of white vinegar add some orange peels and let it sit for at least two weeks.
- After 2 weeks, mix the mixture with the same amount of water as the mixture.
- Spray the mixture on the tiles and grout every day till you get the required results.
Home Remedies are a good way to get rid of the stains on your tiles but only if they work. When the situation has gone overboard then taking professional help is the only solution.